Structural CAD Technician – £25,000-£40,000 (Neg. on experience) – Bristol, Gloucester, Cheltenham, Worcester
We have an excellent opportunity for a Structural CAD Technician to join a rapidly growing and expanding consultancy with a fantastic working environment.
They currently have 4 offices across the UK. They are currently employ around 60 people across those 4 offices and are rapidly increasing their head count.
As a Structural CAD Technician you will be working on a range of structural engineering projects from concept design through approvals to construction, preparing technical design information to deliver innovative structural engineering solutions for both new-build and refurbishment projects.
Our client’s projects are mainly residential focused. They cross a range of building types and materials, requiring some challenging engineering problem solving and creative thinking. Projects include large and small scale new-build developments, as well as listed, historic, and refurbishment projects nationwide.
* Ideally, we are looking for a candidate with at least 4 years’ experience with a good AutoCAD knowledge, and experience gained working on Residential Developments
* Prepare civil and structural engineering drawings and details.
* Liaise with the Project Engineer and assistants.
* Print drawings for in-house checking and external issue.
* Occasionally attend site to inspect various stages of construction works.
* Assist other staff in managing the design team in producing and issuing engineering designs.
* Liaise & communicate with external professionals.
* A relevant engineering qualification (e.g HNC) or equivalent.
* Relevant industry experience, with direct emphasis on buildings and structural engineering.
* Comprehensive working knowledge of AutoCAD.
* Experience of working with REVIT
* Excellent communication and organisational skills.
* Ability to manage own workload within agreed time scales.
* Assist with general office duties when other staff require help.
* Present a professional face and assistance to all visitors, external professionals and clients.
If you are interested in this position, please contact Thomas at Tec Partners or apply here with your latest CV.
At Tec Partners we are committed to being an inclusive organisation that provides equality of opportunity to all in terms of employment, recruitment and the service we provide to our customers. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Job Reference: Struc CAD Tech 1_1497628938
Salary: £25000 - £40000 per annum
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: ASAP
Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Engineering