TEC Partners Ltd is currently recruiting for an IT Consultancy who specialises in online security services for ecommerce, hosting/cloud, and payment solutions. This is an excellent opportunity to work for an established large multinational company who are a market leader and can provide you with excellent career opportunities. You will be working with a talented team of seasoned technologists in a friendly environment where there is no legacy or poorly documented code! The role also allows for occasional home working.
On a day to day basis you will be creating new high performance platforms for both internal and external use exposed in a RESTful fashion and backed by large SQL and NoSQL data stores. Part of this will include prototyping new technologies, interacting with PKI/crypto hardware, and shaving off microseconds wherever possible. Our client has already built a game changing system and are now looking at augmenting its performance and features.
* Write clean, concise, self-documenting code that both you and your team can still understand a year after. You care about naming. You do not repeat yourself. You do not believe that morecode represents the solution to a problem. You test everything.
* You already master a few programming languages, or easily find your way around a new one. Our stack is mostly Go, but when there are better tools implemented in different languages, we do not hesitate to use and improve them.
* You have a solid C/C++ foundation. We appreciate high level languages that avoid heaps of boilerplate code, but at the same time we need to know what goes on under the hood, and so should you.
* You have a high performance systems background – content delivery, trading, networking, e-commerce, ticketing, etc. Everything we build has hard performance requirements. Relying entirely on the language/framework for optimisation is a luxury we do not have.
* You have a good grasp of operating systems,knowing how to directly use (or misuse) the scheduling, network and storage facilities.
* You think in patterns.Synchronous/asynchronous. Multithreaded/event driven. Latency/bandwidth. You take these into consideration before laying down any code.
* You are familiar with the latest technologies and use them judiciously.Software advancements have made things that were impossible ten years ago possible, but no single piece of technology has been a silver bullet. You can tell which of the modern tools in your belt work for the task at hand and which do not.
* You know what you do not know and you are as comfortable asking for help as you are offering it.We advocate mutual knowledge sharing. Nobody knows everything.
* You know when to work hard and when to kick back.Development effort is not evenly distributed. Sometimes you might have to put in some unplanned extra hours, sometimes you go on a team night out before the clock hits six.
* You are an inquisitive perfectionist.You like to know how things work and constantly try to improve them.
C or C++, MySQL, NoSQL, Multithreading,
Experience with Go / Golang is highly advantages
* Competitive Salary
* Employer matched pension contributions to 5% of salary
* 4 x Salary Life cover
* Long-term illness insurance
* Cycle to Work Scheme
* Employee funded via salary sacrifice Benenden Healthcare cover
* Childcare Voucher Scheme
* Payroll Giving
* Employee Assistance Package
At Tec Partners we are committed to being an inclusive organisation that provides equality of opportunity to all in terms of employment, recruitment and the service we provide to our customers. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Job Reference: GN-SE-SEC_1497631007
Salary: £40000 - £65000 per annum + Benefits
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: ASAP
Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: IT