Civil Engineer – Location: Bristol, Gloucester, Worcester, Cheltenham – £40,000 – £52,000 (Neg. depending on experience)
Tec Partners is looking a Civil Engineer for fast growing a site expanding civil/structural engineering company! They currently have 4 offices across the UK. They are currently employ around 60 people across those 4 offices and are rapidly increasing their head count.
Structures projects being undertaken by our client’s growing teams, of which are many and varied creating an opportunity for you to really shape your role and the business for the future. We are seeking expertise in structural design to deliver projects for their entire lifecycle – from concept, feasibility and planning through to detailed design and delivery.
Our client’s projects are mainly residential focused. They cross a range of building types and materials, requiring some challenging engineering problem solving and creative thinking. Projects include large and small scale new-build developments, as well as listed, historic, and refurbishment projects nationwide.
* Working closely with clients, and other professional staff across the business groups and externally
* Leading in the management of projects from feasibility to delivery
* Providing fee control, technical direction and effective management of design teams
* Ability to lead, grow, and guide expanding small team
* Provide guidance on complex technical issues to ensure projects are delivered within budget and on time
* Ensuring high quality delivery in design through QA checks
* Liaising with our client’s multi-disciplinary teams to provide coordinated engineering design solutions
* Attending site and project meetings as required
* Develop good client, contractor and supplier relationships
* The ability to plan, organise, and manage projects with minimal direction
* Assist in the development/mentoring of junior team members to reach their full potential as well as continuing to focus on your own CPD.
* Experience in residential work in the UK – e.g. building, mass housing, commercial, offices, education facilities etc.
* Experience in the UK is a must
* Experienced in infrastructural drainage and sewers, utilities
* Experience in AutoCAD (or similar), WinDES, MS Office (inc. MS Project), Microdrainage
* Good knowledge of steel, concrete, timber and load bearing masonry structures
* A detailed understanding of structural and building design standards (BS and Eurocodes)
* In-depth working knowledge of analysis & design software (e.g. TEDDS / TEKLA Structural Designer / Robot) – further training will be given where necessary.
* Experience of working with multi-disciplinary teams would be an advantage.
* Be able to communicate fluently and able to present effectively technical information to a non-technical audience
At Tec Partners we are committed to being an inclusive organisation that provides equality of opportunity to all in terms of employment, recruitment and the service we provide to our customers. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Job Reference: Senior Civil Eng 1_1502184475
Salary: £40000 - £52000 per annum
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: ASAP
Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Engineering