TEC Partners Ltd is currently recruiting for a long standing & award winning online retailer who has a very successful e-commerce platform with offices based in London. We are looking for a proven Lead Software Engineer who is well versed in C# .Net and is experienced with architecting business applications within the Microsoft framework.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our client’s Agile Development team in a key new role working on a full bespoke business management system. This bespoke application suite is at the heart of our clients business and covers key business functions including ecommerce, customer relationship management, purchasing, warehousing, logistics, and business intelligence.
You will be leading a team of two developers and work alongside our consultant solutions architect to shape the future architecture and functionality of our systems. Currently based on a mixture of ASP.NET MVC and WinForms front end applications, with a common library of shared code and integrated SQL Server back end, our strategy is to evolve our architecture to support new mobile and web-based applications and follow service-orientated design principles.
The successful candidate will be a champion of Agile ALM, continuous delivery, and automated testing to deliver value solutions frequently. Experience of enterprise application architecture is a must, with a desire to drive change and improvement within the team and the wider business. You will also need strong communication skills as you will be working with stakeholders.
* Extensive experience of developing software in a fast-paced commercial environment in an Agile environment.
* Expert in Microsoft .NET development framework (particularly C#, ASP.NET, WinForms, LINQ), database design and procedural T-SQL coding in SQL Server, and the Visual Studio IDE.
* Excellent business analysis and requirements gathering skills – a proven ability to translate face to face meetings into user stories or technical specs.
* Strong knowledge of service-based enterprise architecture design and best practice, application architecture, data modelling, and object-orientated design.
* Strong knowledge and experience of Agile / Lean development methodologies, processes and the tools that underpin continuous delivery and testing.
* Experience of managing and mentoring software developers – able to inspire and build strong relationships, and provide support and guidance at code level.
* Proven experience of integration with large scale 3rd party platforms from marketing automation to warehouse management, as part of a hybrid enterprise architecture.
* Business process knowledge gained from ecommerce, retail or supply chain project experience.
* Experience of rapid application development using 3rd party libraries and UI components such as DevExpress.
* Continuous integration, automated testing and release management using Team Foundation Server or similar.
* Experience of developing for the cloud using Microsoft Azure
* Experience of SOA development, including Web Services, Synchronous/Asynchronous communication patterns, queuing and message sequencing.
* Knowledge of a structured framework for enterprise design such as TOGAF
* Lead a small team of developers to deliver high quality internal and customer-facing applications following an Agile approach; manage the delivery of multiple simultaneous projects from design to release.
* Translate business requirements into technical functional requirements/user stories that can be used by your team to design and develop effective solutions.
* Present ideas, estimates and progress updates effectively to the rest of the team, to story owners, managers and directors.
* Work with the solutions architect to drive the evolution of the internal systems architecture; seek opportunities to introduce service-orientated concepts and embrace new technologies.
* Provide line management to direct reports; support them with technical guidance and coaching, perform one-to-one meetings, appraisals and other personal development.
* Maintain the performance and responsiveness of systems; identify opportunities to improve maintainability and re-factor.
* Identify opportunities for future development; research into products and technologies that will enhance the function or performance of systems.
* Work with the Development Manager to drive the evolution of team workflow, processes and standards, particularly with respect to ALM practices and tools.
* Strong academic background in computer science or numerate subject – able to demonstrate superb analytical and problem solving skills.
* High standard of written and verbal communication – clear, concise and accurate, able to present to technical and non-technical audiences from director to operative.
* Resourceful and independent – able to meet the challenge of a rapidly developing business, and excel in an environment which is Agile, flexible and documentation-light
* Natural aptitude for leadership through facilitation and coaching – able to build strong relationships with both technical and non-technical team members.
* An eye for good GUI design and a passion for delivering good user experience.
At Tec Partners we are committed to being an inclusive organisation that provides equality of opportunity to all in terms of employment, recruitment and the service we provide to our customers. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Job Reference: GN-LSD-CL_1502216843
Salary: £70000 - £85000 per annum + Benefits
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: ASAP
Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: IT