Lead/Senior Software Developer in Test – Job Specification
Our client operates within the Insurance sector and is based in London (near Liverpool Street).
We are seeking a Senior or Lead Software Developer in Test as this primarily a developer position, though it is within a testing context. We expect good clean code that uses S.O.L.I.D principles, is extensible, flexible and pragmatic.
Leading the existing SDET team members, you will work with API and DevOps teams to develop existing and new testing libraries and frameworks, adding BDD coverage of business required features. This will include developing load and stress test strategies, and ad hoc analytics tools for the business.
* 6+ years of Java development experience in Test/QA
* Test-Driven Development and Domain-Driven Development experience
* Strong knowledge of Java and/or Groovy, Apache JMeter and Cucumber JVM
* Excellent understanding of OO principles + S.O.L.I.D
* Understanding of HTTP + RESTful API’s + Clients and Micro Services
* Experience improving CICD pipelines for functional and non-functional testing
Nice to have:
* Experience leading small teams
* AWS, GIT, Maven Linux, jUnit, Spock and BDD
What you will find here:
A complex and interesting domain complete with the added spice of real commercial drivers pushing and pulling the company in directions that are hard to anticipate. Yet, despite all of that, we do have clear goals in mind; goals we know will make this company even more successful.
At ABRS Ltd we are committed to being an inclusive organisation that provides equality of opportunity to all in terms of employment, recruitment and the service we provide to our customers. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Job Reference: JR120417_1492010426
Salary: £60000 - £85000 per annum + Benefits
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: ASAP
Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: IT