3rd Line Support Engineer – £45,000k – £55,000k Reading, Oxford, Slough, Newbury
This role is responsible for providing technical services and technology support to both internal and external clients within our Service Desk. The role covers the physical delivery and ongoing support to clients on products, applications, network systems and overall solutions. This role requires an individual who will demonstrate competence in their own area, but who may still be acquiring a higher level skill. They will work with moderate guidance in their own area of knowledge as they deepen their knowledge and skills in one area or broaden their ability over a variety of skills. The jobholder will be responsible for applying their knowledge/skills to a variety of standard day-to-day activities, identifying unusual technical problems.
Duties & Accountabilities:
* Responding to calls and tickets from clients, clearly identify issues, troubleshooting through to resolution.
* Taking ownership of and responsibility for infrastructure problems and being proactive when dealing with issues, liaising with both internal and external support functions, clearly setting expectations of others
* Manage own ticket queue and monitor incidents to resolution
* Monitor systems and identify performance issues proactively
* Work within strict SLA timeframes and manage escalation of incidents within defined timelines
* Assisting in the setting up and running of the RMM tool and ultimately a new NOC service
* Identify problem trends and implement change as required
* Identify, design and plan to ensure continued service availability and ensure all changes are carried out in a controlled and tested manor
* Work with other functions within the business to help identify issues and requirements with a view to continued service improvement
* Provide technical advice and recommendations for tickets, transferring knowledge to junior colleagues
* Ensure work is completed in line with KPI targets and personal objectives
* Provide a technical point of escalation for the service desk
* A strong background in Windows server (2008, 2012, 2016) and Windows server infrastructure including Active Directory, DFS, DNS, DHCP. RADIUS and LDAP, Group Policy, Clustering and WSUS
* Experience required in Disaster Recovery Solutions
* SCCM would be advantageous but not essential
* Can you demonstrate a strong background in Virtualised environments in particular VMware / Hyper V
* Do you have a strong background in centralised storage environments?
* Are you MCSE Certified or MCSA equivalent as a minimum?
* A strong background in backup technologies.
* A strong background in working with Microsoft Exchange 2007/2010/2013/ Office 365
* Experience using automated monitoring and log tools and analysing trends and root cause issues
* Network Security Solutions/Support – AV, 2 Factor Authentication, Encryption etc
* Understanding/knowledge of Microsoft Azure and Cloud Technologies
Other Skills / Experiences:
* Demonstrates effective, independent decision making skills
* Good communications skills and experience dealing with clients and external suppliers
* Must be reliable, presentable, able to build relationships, tenacious
* Must have good attention to detail, testing and documentation
* Must maintain current knowledge of industry best practices and be familiar with operational and system management methodologies
At Tec Partners we are committed to being an inclusive organisation that provides equality of opportunity to all in terms of employment, recruitment and the service we provide to our customers. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Job Reference: 3rd Line Support 1_1507386128
Salary: £45000 - £55000 per annum
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: ASAP
Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: IT