1st Line Support Technician – £18,000k – £23,000k – Newbury, Swindon, Theale, Basingstoke
You will provide 1st line support to all users, offering the first point of contact for all technical IT issues.
The 1st Line Support Technician will provide Level 1 triage, allocating Incidents that cannot be resolved by the 1st Line to second or third line support resources.
* Act as a main point of contact for all internal users reporting or highlighting issues with systems or equipment, installs of basic applications and scripts
* React to monitoring tickets
* Overall ownership and accountability of Incident tickets throughout its lifecycle
* Ability to triage across all platforms within infrastructure which includes; Networks, Telephony, Data Centre, Applications and Desktop Support
* Initial First Call Resolution (FCR) to Routine Incidents – e.g. password resets
* Re-route incidents as necessary to the correct resolving agent first time providing supporting diagnosis / triage data
* Be aware of pending Changes and the impact to either the environment, users in readiness to support escalations or end-user issues
* 1-3 years of experience in working within a Service Desk environment
* Ability to engage and partner with internal staff as required across all infrastructure platforms
* Ability to identify problems and work to resolution as required
* Ability to work in operational crisis situations
* Knowledge of virtualisation technologies and the specific challenges they bring
* Proven ability to operate in extremely high-pressure situations and successfully handling multiple priorities with a high level of discipline while remaining flexible
* Self-motivated and self-monitoring, continuously evaluating own work processes
* Strong understanding of Windows OS, Linux (preferably SUSE) and the way in which applications interact
* Strong understanding of Microsoft Office Suites
* Strong understanding of Microsoft Desktop Operating Systems
* ITIL Foundation Certificate – Advantage
If you are interested in this position, please contact Thomas at Tec Partners or apply here with your latest CV.
At Tec Partners we are committed to being an inclusive organisation that provides equality of opportunity to all in terms of employment, recruitment and the service we provide to our customers. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Job Reference: 1st Line Support Tec_1507565178
Salary: £18000 - £23000 per annum
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: ASAP
Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: IT